Exam application form MUST be uploaded during online registration and all other documents are to be submitted either by scanning and emailing to email@example.com or mailed and post-marked to OSMT 234 Eglinton Ave E Suite 402, Toronto ON M4P 1K5 by the deadline date. Failure to send OSMT your documents will VOID your application.
1. Download your application and complete - Application Form -
2. Register online - (Fill in online registration, upload completed application and pay). Email scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail all supporting documents to OSMT 234 Eglington Ave East, Suite 402 Toronto,Ontario M4P1K5.
3. An email will be sent to you confirming registration and payment.
4. Approximately 1 month after registration closes, an approval email will be sent regarding your status.
5. 2-3 weeks prior to the exam date a Site Letter will be mailed to your home address.Click the Registration link
Special Consideration applicants must submit the following documents:
1) A copy of your resume must be included.
2) A letter from your current employer or past employer(s) stating position held, length of time in the position, and a list of duties performed. Record of Employment (ROE) and contract/agreement are not accepted.
3) Experience verification form. Experience that includes a minimum of 20 successful phlebotomy procedures, 10 successful ECG procedures, and 80 hours of practical experience in a medical testing facility* or equivalent. This form must be signed by the laboratory director or supervisor as proof of completion. *Note: A testing facility is a laboratory licensed under the “Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act” where the candidate is/has performing/performed technical functions within the scope of practice of a medical laboratory assistant/technician.
4) An academic credentials assessment must be provided by all applicants who received their education outside of Canada. Please visit our website MLA/T exam page or contact the OSMT office for information on approved assessment centers.
5) A copy of a certificate, diploma, or degree from the highest level of post-secondary education received in the science field.
· Do not send original documents as they will not be returned. Also, please send only the documents requested above. Incomplete application will be rejected.
- Candidates who fail the exam twice must take a refresher course in order to write the exam a third time. Candidates who fail four or more times must contact the OSMT office. A new application to write the exam must be submitted along with proof of completion of a review/refresher course.
- A copy of the MLA/T Competency Guidelines will be forwarded or can be downloaded from the website (www.osmt.org) and all other relevant information, will be forwarded to the applicant with notification of approval to write the certification examination.